Meet Damien, one of our Versatile family Account Managers and all-round company guns! Diligent, hard-working and personable, he’s been here since birth (give or take).
1. How long have you been with Versatile Mitre10 Trade Centre?
Damien: Officially 8 years, unofficially 26.
2. What does your role involve?
Damien: Managing customer accounts, overseeing Warehouse operations and general customer service
3. What aspect of your job do you most enjoy?
Damien: I enjoy being able to come to work each day with good, down to earth co-workers who make work an enjoyable ( but sometimes stressful) place to be.
4. Can you tell us a little about your career/work history?
Damien: Attended university but that only lasted a short time studying Geographic Sciences. From there I moved and completed a Diploma in building and furthermore since then a Diploma in Leadership + Business Management.
5. Unsung Hero: What is one service or product that Versatile offers that most people do not really know about?
Damien: Our service itself is our best product we can offer. It’s our commitment to you to be the best store in town to ensure your jobs run on time, every time.
6. What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
Damien: Sleep on big decisions. Your pillow will do the thinking for you.
7. A few fast facts:
Favourite sports team? Essendon Bombers.
Favourite past-time? Fishing.
Where would we most likely find you on the weekends? If the weather is good and I am not working…fishing.
8. What are you most looking forward to in 2020 with Versatile?
Damien: Ensuring Versatile maintains its commitment to being known for great service and stocking reputable products.
9. Anything else you would like to add?
Damien: A small thank you to all of our loyal trades, builders and customers that have supported us through the years and through the trying times that we are all currently facing. Being part of the family business makes me appreciate you all, from the smallest trades to our largest builders. Without you, the customer, we would not be where we are now, servicing the building industry for so many years now and for what I hope is many more to come. Thank you.
Great, thanks so much for your time Damien!